Monday, August 22, 2005

Adios Friends

Saying goodbye is never easy. And it always feels clumsy to me. But I get through it. As they move to a different part of the country a part of me goes with them and it feels like grief. Its such a mixed blessing, it is so good that you can have relationships that are deep enough to really hurt when you finally part, but it does hurt. I think the richness that good relationships bring to your life is very worth the eventual pain that comes with separation. I would imagine that the pain is even part of the richness, that part of life that is full and makes you breathe a sigh that says, "Life is good".
Matt and Adrienne have been a blessing from God and my life has been enriched by them. And I will miss them, for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home